There are some people who are able to drink alcohol or use prescription or recreational drugs without ever having a problem or letting things get out of hand. Then there are people who end up facing substance abuse problems and drug addiction, which affects practically every area of their life.
If you’re struggling with drug addiction, it’s important to know that qualified, professional help and residential rehab is available. Focus on your health with an inpatient treatment program.
Why Do Only Some People Face Drug Addiction?
It can seem like a mystery why some people get addicted to drugs or alcohol and need residential rehab while others don’t. There are several factors that can play into drug addiction, requiring inpatient treatment:
- Does the person have a family history of drug or alcohol addiction?
- Did the person experience some type of neglect, abuse or trauma during their childhood?
- Is the person struggling with depression, anxiety or a mental disorder?
- Did the addict begin using drugs early in life?
- What is the method of administration? For example, injecting or smoking a drug can make it more addictive. Treatment may vary depending on how the drugs were administered.